Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Flash: This just in!

Flash: This just in from ol' reliable, "My Main Mole." It turns out that CHARLENE SEARS, the twit who never met a conflict of interest she couldn't ignore, actually WORKS FOR Jack Parr, one of the builders who wrote the eight letters! And get a load of this: last night, after screwing the taxpayers, she was overheard to say that she will definitely run again - on her record and builders' money, no doubt! Does anyone know exactly what she does for Jack Parr and whether she is on salary or commissions? 7:21 PM: This comment just in: Anonymous said... I was told last night that Charlene called the developers up and solicited those letters. She said that if they would hurry up and get them in, then she could convince Chip and Zell to go along with her. Why is she solicting letters to have policy changed behind closed doors? Why not be up front about it. This was told to me by Scott Johnson, owner of Bent Pine Construction. Note: So far, I can not confirm the accuracy of this comment. I thought that the owner of Bent Pine was a Larry Johnson. Anyone?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

She doesn't work for the Parr's.

Jay Moreno said...

But how recently did she quit them? Last night she made a reference to "when I (she) used to work in the construction industry."

Can you convince me why I should believe that she no longer works there?

Anonymous said...

She just quit then because I had a meeting with her at Jacks office while she was on the clock.

Jay Moreno said...

When, roughly, was that? Was she an in-house sales agent, or what?

Anonymous said...

What Charlene is doing is no different than what Deb is doing for Sea Island.

Jay Moreno said...

OH, HORSE HOCKEY! THAT IS AN UNFOUNDED ABSURDITY!

Anonymous said...

I was told last night that Charlene called the developers up and solicited those letters. She said that if they would hurry up and get them in, then she could convince Chip and Zell to go along with her. Why is she solicting letters to have policy changed behind closed doors? Why not be up front about it. This was told to me by Scott Johnson, owner of Bent Pine Construction.

Anonymous said...

Jay my friend just called me and said the infor she gave me did not come from Scott Johnson, it was someone that works for Gross. I will see what I can find out but she is sure Charlene called and solicited the letters. Sorry for the bad intel.

Jay Moreno said...

Thanks. I just finished sending a lketter to Larry Johnson of Bent Pine, via his website, in which I asked him whether or not Charlene had solicited the letters. It will be interesting to see his answer - if he answers. Charlene will probably be on the phone to all of them right about now trying to cover her ass.

Jay Moreno said...

You know, these people's e-mails or street addresses appear on their letters. Perhaps they all need to hear from a few less-than- pleased taxpayers.

Jay Moreno said...

As you were: I just found on a second site that there is indeed a
Scott Johnson at Bent Pine Construction.

Anonymous said...

I spoke Charlene and she said that she kept getting calls about the fees. So she told them to put their requests in a letter and she would send them in. She has nothing to gain either way so why are you trying to making her out to be doing otherwise. Oh wait, you are running for her seat. She also said she never spoke to Keene or Zell before the meeting to discuss any of this. Ask them... She did call some of the builders to see if they indeed needed this fee to be set aside to help them. Then she told them they needed to put it in writing if they wanted to bring it in front of the commission. End of Story. She doesn't deny calling any of them. Her goal she says is putting people back to work.

Anonymous said...

Scott is Larry's son.

Anonymous said...

Her ASS is busted!!!!! The Tribune & Georgian and the Georgia Times Union should be made aware of this situation. This is definitely Void of Public Policy.

Jay Moreno said...

Trust me, they follow this blog but just to be sure, I've already e-mailed them. Watch for my letter in tomorrow's T&G.