Friday, May 16, 2008

Piss-poor paper delivery.

I've been a home delivery subscriber to The Georgia Times Union for about 4 years now. On one or two occasions in the distant past, I've opened my front door to find no paper. I called the number listed in the phone book for their office on Hwy 40 in Kingsland. I left a message on their recorder as instructed. Sure enough, later that day - like after 5:00, the local distribution manager personally delivered my paper. Earlier this week - Tuesday, I think - I got no paper. I called the number about 8:00 AM and left a message. I got back from business in Brunswick around 5:00 PM: still no paper. I called and left another message and asked that they call me. To this moment, I have received neither the missing paper, not the requested call. The daily papers showed up Wednesday and yesterday, but this morning - once again - no paper. I called the local number and left a message at 8:30 in which I asked them to phone me as soon as they retrieved the message. Having received neither call nor paper by 11:30, I called the switchboard at their headquarters in Jax. In attempting to transfer me to circulation, the operator promptly cut me off. On the second try, I got some twit in delivery who promptly admonished me that I should not have called the local office, but should have called her. I pointed out to her that when you call the local number in Kingsland, you are instructed to press one and leave a message and that that had always worked before. Referring to it as "the Kingsly office" she confessed she didn't know anything about an office up here. When I suggested that she should contact that office and find out what the problem is, she copped an attitude. She then informed me that I had missed the deadline for "re-delivery" for today, but that they would try to get a copy of today's paper delivered along with tomorrow's paper. Have any of you other home delivery customers had similar problems? If so, let me know in the comments sections. I'll pass it on to friend, Gordon Jackson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats why I quit them a few years back That and the fact that the cost went up so I decided to just buy the paper when I wanted to . Did the same thing with the T&G a couple of years ago.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a really interesting blog entry. I think the trusties are being driven to your house so they can steal your paper because BTW knows it will drive you crazy. Slow methodical wringing of your diminutive brain.

Jay Moreno said...

Oh, wow, Thuggie vermin - ya really zinged me with that one. You must be the intellectual of the group.