Saturday, May 31, 2008

Van update.

Well, it's a slow news day so far. I probably will not get reports of BTW's nefarious weekend activites until tomorrow or Monday, so I thought I would give y'all the latest on the diagnosis and treatment of my 2007 Ford E-250 van. Turns out I may have been a little rough on Ford. Dan, the service writer at Lilliston Ford, called me Thursday afternoon. They had gotten the new "brain" in earlier than expected and had already installed it. That was the good news. The bad news was that it was still out of spec and dumping in excess fuel which was going straight into the exhaust system, unburned, and sure to burn out the new catalytic converter. One of the mechanics ran a diagnostic test on the brain itself. At one test point where he should have gotten a reading of 7 volts (I think he said), it was only reading three. They then traced out a wiring harness going to the motor for the hydraulic pump that works my wheelchair lift. When they found where it plugged or coupled into the van's electrical system, they unplugged it. The brain's readings immediately came back into spec and it quit dumping gas. So, now, the Lilliston Ford people are in "consultation" with the company that installed all of the wheelchair related stuff (lift, door openers/closers, 6 way driver's seat, and wheelchair lockdown) to see if they can figure out how to get power to that stuff without screwing up the brain. All of the work so-far has been done on Ford's nickel under warranty. I believe this is about to get very "interesting." Meanwhile, my van remains in the shop. I hope to hear some good news by Monday afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you Ford was good. I have had a Ford of some form or another for over 20 years and have only had a minor problem here and there (mostly from wear and tear) and you called me a thuggie for saying that. An apology maybe? Nevermind, your pompas ego would never allow that. I hope they fix the problem with no out of pocket expense. Good luck Jay, and lighten up!

Jay Moreno said...

Nice try but I've still got your number. It's spelled "pompous," by the way.

Anonymous said...

Thank you professa. Isa sorry I aint as a smart as you. By the way, what is this "number" you have? Seems that I have yours more than you think. I was right about your van, and about the apology. You really are an ungreatful, big headed prick. And me? Well, I am to old to give a crap. Like I said, good luck with the van.

Jay Moreno said...

Actually, the word is spelled "ungrateful."

Now, kindly go play with your fellow degenerates over at Topix Kingsland.

Your juvenile, ad hominem, sociopathic, imbecility is not appreciated on this blog.