Thursday, May 15, 2008

Report on Lilliston Ford in Kingsland

Well, I took my 2007 Ford E-250 van in to Lilliston Ford yesterday for the 5,000 mile oil change. When I called on Monday to set the appointment, the service writer said it should take about 45 minutes. It actually took 1 hour and 45 minutes, but that did not surprize me. Here's what did surprize me. They changed my oil, rotated my tires, diagnosed why my "check engine" light was burning (bad EGR valve), put 80 lbs all around in my tires, and reset my clock. Total cost: ZERO, ZIP, NADA. Ford picked up the cost 100%. They did not have an EGR valve in stock, but the service writer (Dan, I believe it was) said he would call me today when it came in. Sure enough, he did. I went back at 1:30 today. Took 'em about an hour and 15 minutes. Everyone was cheerful and courteous - none of that "warranty work" scowl I've encountered in years past at other dealers. Other than the fact that the building's AC system was designed by an idiot ( no cold air outlet in customer waiting area which is about 80 degrees), it was a pleasant experience. Oh, and by the way, Ford Motor Corporation will also pick up the tab on my 10,000 mile oil change and rotatation. After that, it's on my nickel.

No comments: